User talk:Cxc646/Benchmark II: Model Description

From BIOL 300 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Student Comments

The second sentence should have a colon before the list. I recommend running through this again in order to check that stuff is pluralized consistently and so on. The rate laws, while in depth, could be related a bit more to the equations themselves. The same would be good for the ODEs. I think the samples provided to us went term by term, and that sort of specificity would be nice to see. Your stimulation seems good! I would like to know why you change the rate law that way though. How does this affect the body and in what context would this occur? --Maria Kuznetsov (talk) 19:56, 9 April 2017 (EDT)

• In the parameters section, I would recommend using "liters" instead of "L", as it is hard to read (it looks like an I)
  • For your tables, if all of the variables or parameters have the same units in the table, it would be simpler and cleaner to just list the units next to the value (such as Table 1.1 with Liters)
  • In initial conditions, there should be an "and" or "so" after the second comma.

--James Mcginnity (talk) 09:23, 10 April 2017 (EDT)

Instructor Comments

• Benchmark submitted on time?
    • Yes
  • Rubric submitted on time?
    • Yes
  • State variables, parameters and inputs to the model clearly distinguished?
    • Yes
  • Term-by-term description of model components?
    • Yes
  • Have you described model assumptions?
    • Yes
  • Description of equation simulation?
    • Yes

On the whole, this is an excellent model description.

The title of your paper should be italicized in the opening paragraph.

There are a few grammatical and syntactical errors, however on the whole this is excellent work and demonstrates a very thorough understanding of your paper.

It would be helpful before submission of your final paper if you had it proofread in the Writing Resource Center. We aren't specifically grading on writing ability, however ensuring clarity is essential.

--Jonathan Sasse (talk) 10:54, 9 April 2017 (EDT)