User talk:Jcm168/Final Term Paper
- Term paper survey submitted with term paper?
- Significance of problem?
- Statement of hypothesis?
- List of references?
- Yes, but 6 of 8 are from the original paper. This is too few for a scholarly introduction and discussion.
- Properly formatted references?
- State variables, parameters and inputs to the model clearly distinguished?
- Term-by-term description of model components?
- Overall terms described, details of terms not described adequately. This was requested at the time that the Model Description benchmark was submitted.
- Have you described model assumptions?
- Description of equation simulation?
- Yes, but no description of the extension and its simulation.
- Results described and compared to original paper?
- Yes, but original figures are not shown.
- Have you addressed the original biological hypothesis?
- Figures and legends to show results?
- Discrepancies relative to original model?
- Uploaded Mathematica file?
- How well does the model support the original hypothesis?
- Well discussed.
- Support for hypothesis and assumptions from other data in the literature?
- Only one additional paper is cited.
- Limitations of results?
- Well discussed.
- Discrepancies and how they affect conclusions?
- There were none.
- Relationship to other work in the field?
- Only briefly discussed, with only one citation.
- Discussion of future work?
- Only briefly discussed, no citations.
Overall Term Paper Quality
- How well was the model replicated?
- Based on the term paper, how well did you understand the material?
- Excellent understanding.
- How well written is the term paper?
- Some typographical errors, but on the whole it is clear and easy to follow.
- How hard was the model extension that you did?
- If some actual chemo-attraction had been implemented, this would have been excellent as a first step to understanding development; what was done was of some interest.
- How good was the extension?
- The extension was well-implemented.
- Mathematica code clear and well annotated?
- Mathematica code generates figures when evaluated?
On the whole, this is a very good to excellent term paper. More depth in the introduction and the discussion would have improved it further, and if the extension had included some chemo-attraction, it would have been an exciting first step towards creating a model of development.