User talk:Jrm228/Benchmark II: Model Description
This is a very well written model description. It describes the model parameters, assumptions, equations, and intended simulation methods in a succinct and easy to understand manner. The only thing I can think to add is more information on your intended extension to the model. right now there is only one sentence about the affect of a on the amount of alpha wave patterns. What makes you think that a will have this affect? How will you distinguish alpha wave patterns from others? Are other wave patterns possible using this model? Those are just a couple questions I would like to see answered in this section, though they could possibly be moved to the results or discussion sections depending on how you choose to write it. Overall, very well done.
Well written! This is clear and organized overall. Some sections are a little wordy - for example in your description of Eq 1. "it speeds its rate of growth" sounds a bit awkward and it could benefit from some review. Except for a couple other awkward/wordy bits in the description, which are minor details, this is a good model description --Micaela Richter (talk) 12:50, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
- Benchmark submitted on time?
- Rubric submitted on time?
- State variables, parameters and inputs to the model clearly distinguished?
- Term-by-term description of model components?
- Have you described model assumptions?
- Description of equation simulation?
- Yes, but you have omitted any mention of the synaptic connection matrix and how that will be implemented. This is critical for the success of the project.
On the whole, this is a good to very good initial draft of the model description. You will need to add more details on the synaptic matrix, and you will need to add details relevant to the model extension.