Benchmark III: Results
Submit your text for Benchmark III, the Results section of your term paper, on your own page of the class wiki, by clicking the link for Benchmark III that was created at the time you created the Term paper proposal.
Each student must submit his or her own Results section, even if the ideas were discussed by members of a team.
Visit Editing help for help with writing on the wiki.
Be sure to complete the benchmark, then fill out the rubric and submit it at the same time, or you will not receive credit for submitting the benchmark.
Be sure to address the following in this part of your term paper:
- Have you described the results you obtained and compared them to the results obtained with the original model? This includes describing what your results mean.
- Have you used the results of the model to address the original hypothesis about the biological system? This includes describing how your results do or do not support your hypothesis.
- Have you provided figures with appropriate legends to show your results?
- Have you described any discrepancies that you found relative to the original published model?
- Upload a copy of your Mathematica file(s) to the wiki, and provide a link in your Results. Follow this link for help.
Note that in the final term paper, you may show figures that describe the results you obtained from extending the model. This is a required part of the final term paper.
Here are exemplary Results drafts that can help guide you as you write your own:
If the term paper Results draft is accepted, you will receive 1 point towards the 50 points for the term paper.
If the term paper Results draft is not accepted, and needs to be revised, you will need to have it approved before you may proceed, but you may not receive any points for it.