Benchmark IV: Discussion
Submit your text for Benchmark IV, the Discussion section of your term paper, on your own page of the class wiki, by clicking the link for Benchmark IV that was created at the time you created the Term paper proposal.
Each student must submit his or her own Discussion section, even if the ideas were discussed by members of a team.
Visit Editing help for help with writing on the wiki.
Be sure to complete the benchmark, then fill out the rubric and submit it at the same time, or you will not receive credit for submitting the benchmark.
Be sure to address the following in this part of your term paper:
- How well does the model support the original hypothesis?
- How well does other data in the literature support the assumptions of the model, or the hypothesis tested by the model?
- Have you discussed the limitations of your results?
- Have you discussed discrepancies between your results and those in the original paper? How do those discrepancies, if they do exist, affect your conclusions about the biological system?
- Have you related your results to other work in the field, with appropriate citations?
- Have you discussed future work?
Note that in the final term paper, you should also discuss what you will do next, based on your Results, which should also include the model extensions. This is a required part of the final term paper.
Here are exemplary Discussion drafts that can help guide you as you write your own:
If the term paper Discussion draft is accepted, you will receive 1 point towards the 50 points for the term paper.
If the term paper Discussion draft is not accepted, and needs to be revised, you will need to have it approved before you may proceed, but you may not receive any points for it.