Comments on other students' term paper benchmarks
From BIOL 300 Wiki
Earning point for comments on term paper benchmarks submitted by other students:
- Comments are to be made on the Discussion page for the term paper proposal and for each term paper benchmark.
- Do not edit another student's work, even if they give you permission to do so. We may penalize a student for doing this. Each student must write his or her own term paper.
- Visit Editing help for help with writing on the wiki.
- Comments must be made by the deadlines to receive credit.
- Constructive criticism will gain points, up to a total of 1/2 point per benchmark. For example,
- Pointing out a typo or a grammatical error will usually be worth up to 1/4 point;
- Indicating how a sentence could be re-written will usually be worth up to 1/4 point;
- Providing a thoughtful critique with concrete suggestions for improvement may also be worth up to 1/4 point.
- Students will be randomly assigned to provide critiques to other students.
- Each student will get evaluations from two different students for each term paper benchmark, so that a total of up to eight different students will critique your writing.